This interesting article on Insurance Daily talks about a recent survey on Tescocompare.com which yielded the following results:
- At present 2 million people claim to drive an environmentally friendly car.
- 8% of the over 55s driving green cars compared to half that figure for under 34s.
- Wales and the south west are the greenest motoring areas in the UK, with 12% driving the greenest cars.
- In London only 4% of drivers have the most environmentally friendly vehicles.
- Just one twentieth of British drivers are unconcerned by the environment, with 6% stating they would never buy a green car.
Interestingly, higher fuel prices and taxes don’t prompt people to go green in their vehicle choices; it’s incentives and lower green vehicles prices that will convince them.
What would it take for you to start driving a green car?