We’ve had this clock in our house for quite a long time and I always thought it was just broken, so I wondered why we still had it around. When my mother finally took it in for repairs a couple of weeks ago, however, I discovered that it’s actually a wind-up clock. I was pleased to see that it still works and would never, ever need batteries; it would just count on any one if us to pick it up and wind it up when we feel like it. Which, really, is not a strenuous task. Sure you never have to pay as much attention to battery-operated or electric clocks, but this one at least doesn’t use up any power and batteries!