P&G; Future Friendly and the National Geographic Society joined forces with their “Find Your Footprint” national school conservation education contest. The “Find Your Footprint” program aims to raise student awareness of their environmental footprint. Voting’s ongoing until March 16, 2011.
So what’s in it for the winning school?
The winner with the most votes gets $36,000 in educational resources, such as five Promethean interactive digital whiteboards (ActivBoards), five sets of Promethean Learner Response Systems (ActivExpressions), 30 free subscriptions to National Geographic Kids magazine and up to $1,000 in National Geographic educational materials.
Here are the top six Find Your Footprint finalists with links to their submissions:
- Waste-Free Fridays, Gill Elementary, Farmington Hills, MI, 4th grade
- Helping the World and Saving Our Future, Walker Elementary, Springdale, AR, 2nd grade
- Saving Water 101, P.S. 8: The Robert Fulton School, Brooklyn, NY, 3rd-5th grades
- Let’s Be Green When It’s Time to Clean, Dryden Elementary, Arlington Heights, IL, 5th grade
- Canceling Catalogs: A Documentary, The Park School, Brookline, MA, 4th grade
- Plastic Waste Reduction to Save Our Oceans!, Rutledge Hall, Lincolnwood, IL, 5th grade