Here are my green resolutions for 2009. Some are really easy to do, which makes me wonder why I haven’t really implemented it.
- Use our car more efficiently. Keep tires properly inflated. Keep trunk clean. Plan trips wisely.
- Dispose of old cellphones.
- Set my laptop to either hibernate or standby, if I can’t turn it off (goodness knows why not!).
- Start using eco-friendly dishwashing detergents (once I’ve determined what to use).
- Shower quickly.
- Bring our reusable bag when we go grocery shopping. (I keep forgetting!)
- Return the grocery plastic bags to grocery stores for recycling. (yes, they offer that option.)
- Be vigilant in reminding companies not to excessively wrap/package their items. Maybe a simple e-mail will do.
- Get rid of household cleaning items that are bad, bad, bad.
- Start using organic shampoo, hair conditioner, body wash, etcetera.
If you care to share your 2009 green resolutions, e-mail us here at Green Unlimited or leave a comment.