Earth Easy offers the following tips for greening your Christmas.
- Use LED (light emitting diode) holiday lights.
- Turn off the holiday lights display when you go to bed.
- If you’re artistically inclined, make your own personalized gifts.
- Do a Secret Santa instead of buying for everyone in your family.
- Buy locally-made items.
- Give toys that do not require batteries, even rechargeable ones.
- Buy cards or wrapping paper made from recycled materials, or reuse gift wrap. Don’t use too much tape so the paper can be saved for reuse. Avoid shiny wrapping paper; they are harder to recycle.
- Use a live tree because artificial trees live in landfills forever. Real trees can be composted later on .
- Save the boxes, ribbons, bubble wrap and other packing material for next year.
Merry Christmas to all!