Easter is associated with spring, fertility, new life. Kids are outside, hunting for colored eggs and candy. How to keep a green celebration truly green? Nature Moms offers the following tips on having an eco-friendly Easter bash:
- If you can DIY, make your own baskets or buy good baskets that you can reuse every year.
- Instead of plastic grass, fill the basket with paper you were gonna recycle and cut or shred them.
- Dye the eggs with natural coloring techniques, for example, red wine to make purple eggs, spinach for green, etc.
- Instead of candy, you can put books, crayons, toys, arts and crafts materials, coloring books in the basket. Or pick healthier candy options.
- Buy Fair Trade chocolate or gift packs.
A Happy and Healthy Easter to all!