The American International Toy Fair just concluded this past week. Here are some eco-friendly and socially conscious toys.
- Drip Drops are stuffed toys that teach kids about colors. Manufactured by TCKL, they have partnered with the Grossman Burn Center and the Circle of Care Foundation to help children burn survivors.
- Karito Kids are dolls that represent other cultures. 3% of each purchase is donated to Plan USA, a global kids’ charity. The games on the interactive website also allows players to rack up “World Change” points that gets converted to real currency that also goes to Plan USA.
- Xeko is a collectible trading card game that features the world’s endangered animals. Materials, ink and packaging are made from recycled or recyclable materials. 4% of Game net sales are donated to Conservation International. They also offer Xeko Pals, plush toys made from organic and soy materials.
- Sprig Toys are made from sprigwood, a bio-composite of recycled plastic and bits of reclaimed wood. The products are paint-free and battery-free.
- My Natural Toys by Hosung are 100% all natural cotton stuffed toys made from non-toxic materials.
- Imagiplay wooden toys are made from non-toxic, plantation-grown rubberwood from Indonesia.
It’s all fun and games, and NOBODY gets hurt!